Luckily for me, Soma has forgotten to paste the rules again. So the rules below are of my own making. 😀
1. Write about someone/something that inspired you in recent times.
I have always been inspired by my father, even after the terrible arguments we have. The man awes me.
2. Link 3 or more Blogs you think inspire a lot of people (even if it doesnt inspire you)
i. IHM aka Indian Home Maker: This is a no brainer. Guess she already has been awarded over and over but cant help it that shes the first person that comes to mind.
ii. Usha Maam: A teacher both offline and on. Her heart is set on finding the best in people, overlooking any and all faults (but a spell checker par excellence)
iii. Shail : Quirkly, fun and the owner/mother of Luci my biggest crush. Her writing is incisive and she has a no nonsense approach to some topics that make one sit up and take notice.
iv. Soma : How can I not want Soma’s take on the new variant. She made me do it. 😀 Read her for pure unadulterated fun. And read her for insight into a world whose existence we deny.
3. Share the award to the bloggers above.
4. Share the qoute, dialogue, photo, song (whatever works ) that you always go back to when looking for inspiration.
Qoute/Dialogue: Life is not the number of breaths you take, It is the number of moments that take your breathe away from Hitch
Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34P18at0Q7s (Dont know why, but this song always gets me in a peppy mood)
Oh, and if you are here and think someone else deserves the award. Go ahead and share it, take it for yourself too. Often the people we inspire dont comment.
So Award No. 9 from Soma, one of the most addictive, fun bloggers around. You should read her blog to know what I am talking about, there’s some serious fun there and the way she makes it all work in life and on the blogosphere is amazing.
1. Thank the person who gave you the award. (Done )
2. Paste the award on your blog (Done)
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award (Done)
4. Nominate 7 bloggers or less ( Done along with the Award No 10 )
5. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated (Done above with Award No. 10)
Soma, one of my most dedicated readers, has bestowed upon me The Sunshine Award. Probably the first and last time I get that adjective used against that name. 😀 Thank you Soma for all the sunshine you send my way. It amazing you have all this energy after all the love and care you give to the kids.
There are quite a few questions here (the part I hate the most), and so here goes:
Now comes nominees:
Am just going to copy paste my blogroll here:
Usha Ma’am : A teacher, a poet, a mentor, an amazing person overall. One of my first online friends, biggest motivator around.
Shail Mohan: Or Shailedathy as a very close friend calls her, incisive writing, witty one liners and has a dog called Luci who can melt your heart with just a look.
Geetanjali Chitnis: in her own words: 1990 First Edition. Bangalorean. Foodie. Bookworm. Post-It collector. Rahul Dravid admirer. Writer by day, writer by night! Reminds me that sometimes writing doesnt need to be controlled.
Pahwan: A friend in the real world, need to bug him to start writing again.
Gia Ghani : An amazing writer that i have silently read every word of.
Minnesotean Madness: Have no idea of her name, never commented but again a brilliant writer, a journalist in the past.
Indian Home Maker : The mother hen of all Indian bloggers, and doesn’t need any introduction actually.
Philip: The epitome of comic writing. Amazingly entertaining. Kinda inactive now
Chandni : Another blogger i have silently devoured every word of. Entertaining.
Mathew: A blogger par excellence when I was a fledgling. Disappeared a while ago.
Sashu: A friend from my Orkut poetry days, Amazing writer. Very mature for her age.
Silverine: Wit especially from crowded offices make my day.
There you go. That’s it. Spread the Sunshine. Make the world a brighter place. Oh if you are reading this and are not on the list, please consider yourself also touched by a ray of Sunshine and take the award. Answer the questions and let there be more light.
Award No. 7, this time from the loving mother to all Indian bloggers, Indian Home Maker (IHM) . She has been an inspiration to most bloggers, both Indian and otherwise. A blog with interesting, eye opening, shares that give you food for thought. She always has a reply to your comments and is open to opinions.
Anyways I kind of forced her hand with a second comment to her award contest, which also won me repeats of 5 of the awards below and this brand new one 😀
It also doesn’t say a word of any compulsory tagging, relieving me of my duties whatsoever. So anyone who has an opinion about that, feel free to pick the award up for yourself. Do leave that opinion in the comments section, I just might have a different one. I promise not to be rude.
So Award No .6, from Usha Maam, which makes 2012 pretty darn interesting all of a sudden. I have posted at an amazing frequency thanks to them. But this means, the posts are changing slowly.
Not sure if that will last. But This has also increased my responsiveness to other bloggers, I comment more, I read more and on the whole am more involved.
Guess am slowly becoming a true blue blogger.
Now Lets Spread the Cheer:
Sashutty, step up and be rewarded. Your lovely verse needs all the glory
Luci , I know Shail’s gonna keep this one too, but you are my heroine. 😀
Sarah: A new found fave, very very addictive reading.
Sidin: Now an author (of Dork) is awesome reading. Especially for the mallu born like most of my readers.
PS: Won it, through a contest from IHM here
So Award No. 5 , again from Usha Ma’m, who never tires in trying to increase my viewership. Thank you Ma’am, hope I can do justice to all the recognition. The awardees from my part, will all be clubbed together for the three awards of which this is second.
So bear with me and accept whenever you get to see this page. I am not the posting on your profile kinda person unless I have known you a while.
PS: Won again from IHM here
Award No. 4 from Usha Ma’am, proving again that Soma and Usha are my two most faithful and perhaps only readers.
Go on and share and spread the joy around, as you tag and gift as many bloggers as you wish
Share something of yourself, in a word or two, for each letter of the English Alphabet Else if you wish to try your own language, vernacular, you are welcome!
Now to the Alphabet:
A : Arrogant at times, Average more often
B: Boyishly Charming ( I claim), Boring more likely
C: Constantly Content. Saves time from chasing after unseen fancies
D: Diaboically Devious, this is the only written admission ever
E: Energy Saving means use the least possible energy for the best possible results
F: Fearless often enough to maintain regular bruises and cuts on mortal body
G: Grounded in Dreams, not ever coming back to earth
H: Hungry for more always
I: Insane in small measures mostly unnoticable
J: Jumping to conclusions that are never true, jump back without any hard feelings
K: Killer Smile. Sample here —> 😀
L: Lost in Thought. Mostly of ideas no one understand or wants to
M: Marriage escapist: An artist in this less known art Successfully completed 29 years recently
N: Needs entertainment, excitement and awesomeness on a regular basis
O: Orator in retirement, never to pick up a mike again
P: People friendly, its the best act yet
Q: Questions all logic, doesnt wait for answers
R: Romantic, always was, always will be
S: Social animal, pretty recognisable in all the cities I have resided in
T: Terrible memory, forget birthdays, anniversaries and/or any thing that happens on a recurring basis
U: Understand all 4 of the South Indian Languages.
V: Victorious over life’s multiple tests and deaths
W: Witty as declared by self.
X: Xeric skinned (yes, i went online for that word), hate using any kind of moisturizer.
Y: Yields to temptation pretty easily. Sinner I am
Am listing the people i Share this with along with the awards above.
PS: Won a second time from IHM here
Anyways all of these people have suddenly decided that my silent existence is not acceptable for them and are plotting to make me become more vocal.
So here are the rules:
1) write something about you
2) Link upto 7 posts of yours you like
and the results are:
1. Something about me: I am a movie maniac, downloading and watching upto 5 movies a day when I have the time. I dont mind watching a good movie again and again and then again.
2. Link to 7 posts i like: Unfair as I cant have my posts fighting over attention. All of them are awesome, just like me 😀
3. Fellow Bloggers : Most of the following already have received this award multiple times but am hoping they accept it one more time:
1. Shail’s Nest : addictive reading for me, she better accept this.
2. Preeti Shenoy: When I started reading her, she wasnt the big shot author she is now. But all the glory hasnt changed a thing. Very entertaining and very very down to earth.
3. Anyanka : Dark and haunting , gripping reading.
4. Usha Ma’am: The teacher online and offline, always ready with a helping hand and a kind word.
5. Post it Notes from my Idiot Boss: Hilarious and simple, if I had his boss, I would write a book and get rich. 😀
Thats it for now. Am hoping the ping back tells them they have been tagged. I hate commenting 😦
This Award (No. 2) again comes from Usha maam, which kind of gets me reminiscing about how we know each other and you dear reader are stuck with me. Well, we met on the internet in a community that has a shared passion for poetry. While her writes held meaning and were beautiful, my rhymes often leading to no conclusion got her attention. It was exhilarating and one of the reasons I still try my hand at poetry. Thank you Maam. You are Awesome.
Now the rules:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post. (Done it )
2. Share 7 things about oneself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading. (not doing this )
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. (so dont have to do this either 😀 )
7 Things about me:
- I am an atheist. Often strongly question and argue about religion. Dont have any philosophy to follow so just take it one day at a time.
- Had a terrible accident in 2009 tat left me without a voice. Now after vocal exercises and random other things, have a voice that puts Brando to shame.
- An avid reader of fiction, hate autobiographies and self help books. Forget to return books borrowed or to ask for them when mine go out.
- Hate being photographed, love taking them. A photo blog will be added soon to my growing pages.
- An internet freak, can spend hours on it, and at the same time can live without it too.
- Love all animals after a particular cat changed my opinion last year. Most likely to have a dog than to ever be married.
- Last but never the least, my memory sucks, so this blog is also a reminder of the past in ways that arent visible.
Thank you, Usha Maam.